PNR STATUS - Check PNR status here
Our website Train-pnr-status.com has been designed to make the process of checking the PNR status of your Indian Railway ticket easier than ever.
Let us tell you how to use the above form-
- Be aware of your 10 digit PNR number
- Enter it in the form field indicated above
- Click on “Get PNR Status” to submit the form
- A new web page with your latest PNR status will load in seconds!
What is PNR status?
- What is PNR Status? The booking status of your IRCTC ticket is called PNR status. It shows whether your ticket is reserved or waitlisted or confirmed etc.
- What is “PNR”? PNR is an abbreviated form of “Passenger Name Record.” If you purchase a train ticket and it is in Reservation against cancellation (RAC) or Waitlist (W/L), you will be allotted a PNR number, which will have 10 digits. You can use this to find out the current status of your train ticket.
Why should you check PNR status? Getting a train ticket that is in waitlist is quite common when travelling in India. To be updated with the latest status of your ticket, so that you can decide whether to cancel the ticket or not, you should check PNR status. This can be done online on our website. Please check the top of this page to search for your latest status in IRCTC booking system effortlessly
How to find PNR number on irctc ticket?
PNR number is located the in the top left of I-ticket( tickets that are booked offline from railway counter) as you can see below in the image. PNR number is printed on the top of the E-tickets, (Tickets booked online from official irctc website)
How to check PNR status
To check your PNR status, you can make use of the following three ways-
Through SMS service. You can utilize the SMS service for finding out your present PNR status by sending your 10 digit PNR number via SMS to either 139 or 5676747. You simply need to type your PNR number in the SMS, nothing else. If you disturb the format, you may not receive a response.
- Through a PC using the internet. If you have a computer and an internet connection, you can quickly check your PNR status on our website. This is the easiest and fastest way to check your PNR status. For a tutorial on how to use, please check the top of this page.
- Through an app on a smartphone. If you have a smartphone, you can install a number of apps available on your store to check PNR status. You will need an active internet connection to do that.
- http://www.indianrail.gov.in - This is Indian Railway official website.You can checkPNRr status quickly there
- http://irctc.co.in - ( Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation ) is an official partner of Indian railway. You will need to be logged into the website to check PNR status, unlike our website where you do not need to create an account or log in.
Types of Irctc Indian railway ticket
- i-Ticket - Ticket booked offline at railway counters are of the kind i-ticket. it can also be booked from official irctc website and usually gets delivered within 7 days through courier at your communication address.
- E-Ticket - Electronic Ticket or E-ticket can be booked from http://www.irctc.co.in official website. Since its online booking, you will need a valid online payment method to complete the transaction. Upon successful booking, you can take a print out of the ticket and show it to TTE along with valid photo ID proof while traveling.
DIFFERENT PNR STATUS AND THEIR MEANING IN INDIAN RAILWAY RESERVATION
IRCTC or Indian Railways releases RAC (Reservation against cancellation) tickets once all seats on the train are booked. After the RAC seats are all booked, W/L (Waiting list) tickets are released. As the date of travel approaches, many people cancel their tickets for several reasons. When this happens, the RAC ticket holders have a chance of getting a confirm train ticket. Similarly, waiting list ticket holders can ascend to RAC. Sometimes in the last minute when the chart for the train is prepared, if it is found that seats are available, they are allotted to RAC and Waiting list people. This demands a lot of patience and a little risk.
List of different tickets by their chances of confirmation-
1st – Available
That being said, let us help you in understanding your ticket. There will be two numbers on your ticket, one tells your position when the booking was made, and the other one tells the present position.
For example- You have made a travel plan, and you book a ticket on the date and time of your preference. The booking status of your ticket shows WL6/WL3. This means that at the time you booked the ticket you were on the waitlist at the 6th position, but when you finally made the payment, you ascended to 3rd position. This happens commonly because either somebody canceled their tickets or someone did not make the payment for their ticket.
The first digit of your W/L status will remain the same since it represented when you joined the waiting list but the second digit will decrease. As more people cancel their tickets or fail to make the final booking, you have a chance to get a confirmed ticket. If you get the ticket, you will be shown a confirmed status and seat will be allotted to you when the chart is prepared for that particular train.
Your ticket can go from WL6/WL3 to WL6/RAC1 to WL6/CNF
- When your status is WL6/WL3, you cannot get on the train.
- When your status is WL6/RAC1, you can get on the train, but you will only receive half a seat, not the entire berth.
- When your status is WL6/CNF, you can get on the train and your allotted berth.
How Will The Waiting List Position Improve in indian railway?
Is my RAC or WL position likely to improve? When?
WL and RAC position always improve, but this depends on various factors among which the main factor is how far in advance the person has booked his/her ticket. Later, we inform the person on how to check the RAC or the WL position and if it is even possible to become confirmed if he/she has a WL position.
The following options show on how to improve a RAC/WL position:
In many situations, several tickets get cancelled due to the fact that the cancellation fee was very low. As a result, people who are not cent percent certain when they are traveling, will book a number of tickets for one itinerary and then later on, when they have decided exactly on which train they would travel, they would cancel the rest. This is when a person’s ticket improves its position.
- All trains which are eligible for online reservations, have different quotas; these seats are reserved for different people – government employees, military employees, rail employees, the handicapped and a few others. Often these tickets are not sold and this is another reason when a WL position might improve.
- Ticket holders can easily upgrade free of charge to a higher class (up to two classes higher than originally booked). When the final reservation chart is calculated and there are available seats in the higher classes, passengers may move to those classes, making their original seats available for RAC/WL ticket holders.
Exception: During Indian holidays, all train tickets in general, and for some busy trains in particular, can be sold out virtually within a minute after they are released for online booking. On those trains, the wait lists are very long and the chance of getting a confirmed ticket is quite low.
Can I check if my WL position has improved?
The PNR status check enables any person to check his/her RAC/WL position. The train ticket comes with the pnr number, a 10-digit number which is printed on the upper right corner of the ticket.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
After the chart for your particular train is prepared, the ticket amount for your waiting ticket is reimbursed to your bank account. Although, it is to be noted that on the last day there is a good chance for a waiting ticket to reach RAC. If your waiting ticket reaches RAC, the amount will not be refunded to you since RAC is a boarding ticket and thus it cannot be canceled.
Types of Indian Railways train
- Duronto Express: Regarded as the fastest non-stop trains connecting major state capitals of India, Duronto Express comes in various classes, including first AC, two-tier AC, and three-tier AC along with excellent sleeper classes.
- Rajdhani Express: These are AC trains which journey between the main cities and New Delhi and are some of the fastest trains with limited stops.
- AC SF Express: These are well-maintained AC trains between major Indian cities which make limited stops on its journey.
- AC Express: These are well-maintained AC trains between major Indian cities which make limited stops on its journey.
- Double Decker Express: These are well-heeled AC double decker trains traveling between major Indian cities which make limited stops during the journey.
- Shatabdi Express: These trains are considered to be the fastest among all other Indian trains, which travel during the daytime and are sufficed with only AC class seats.
- Yuva Express: Sharing a similarity with Duronto Express, these trains deliver services only between Delhi to Howrah and Delhi to Mumbai.
- Garib Rath: These trains are completely air-conditioned with a high speed of 130 km/h.
- Jan Shatabdi Express: Featuring both AC and non-AC class seats, these trains are economical and acts as an alternative to Shatabdi Express trains.
- Sampark Kranti Express: With a higher potential than Mail trains, these trains are super-fast while connecting major cities with New Delhi.
- Intercity Superfast Express/Mail: These trains are available with speed higher than the standard rate.
- Kavi Guru Express: These are the Express trains named after the famous Ravindra Nath Tagore.
- Vivek Express: The longest route trains in India.
- Rajya Rani Express: These trains ensure that the capital cities are linked with the bigger cities in their similar state.
- Express: These trains are quite fast, making few stops (only in larger stations).
- Passenger and Fast Passenger: These trains make stops at each and every station, hence going slow and maintaining unreserved seats for local travelers.
How to check Irctc seat availability?
You can check irctc seat availability status for Indian railway here: Irctc seat availability